Today I had the opportunity to speak at an Office of Science and Technology Policy event on “Data to Knowledge to Action”. Stan Ahalt (UNC) ran a great breakout on R&D activities for Big Data in Science, and there was an especially good discussion of some of the technical/social/policy issues surrounding big data in a variety of contexts. More info here.
- High-Performance Computing and Data-Intensive Geospatial Analytics Workshop
- Lustre User Group 2014 Panel on HPC Storage Future
- Applications being accepted for the 2014 Argonne Training Program on Extreme-Scale Computing (ATPESC)
- 3rd Annual Greater Chicago Area System Research Workshop (GCASR 2014)
- OSTP Data to Knowledge to Action Event