Co-mingling of public and private events within the TCS Conference Center facilities is prohibited.
A public event is defined by DOE Order 142.3, Unclassified Foreign Visits and Assignments Program, dated 10-14-2010, as an event or activity that is determined to be open to the general public (such as a public lecture, community meeting, cultural or entertainment event, or open house event) and that is held in a location that is determined to be open to the general public by the hosting site approval authority in coordination with subject matter experts (SMEs) in security (to include cyber security, technical security, and operations security (OPSEC)), export control, technology transfer, counterintelligence, and intelligence (when there is a field intelligence element onsite).
Invitations and gate passes are not issued to public events. All Argonne information shared at the event must be publicly available to the attendees prior to the event.
An Argonne cost code or billing address will be required for additional charges for services or equipment. Public events not relevant to Argonne or DOE programs will be charged space rental fees. The following procedures apply to public events:
- The vehicle gate entrance (see A on following map) into the TCS public parking area will be opened prior to the event.
- The pedestrian/vehicle border gates (see B and C on following map) between the public and private parking areas will be secured before opening vehicle gate entrance of TCS public parking area (see A on following map) prior to the event.
- The TCS Conference Center entrance doors (see D on following map) are unlocked 6A- 6P (or outside those hours if the event dictates).
- The entrance doors between the TCS Conference Center and the TCS office areas (revolving and handicap doors) will be secured (see E on following map) and monitored by the Argonne Security Protective Force Officer on duty. Only Building 240 residents or individuals with a gate pass will be allowed into the office space.
- This event will require the Argonne Security Protective Force Officer to be posted at the entrance doors between the TCS Conference Center and the office areas for the purpose of checking Argonne badges. These arrangements must be made at least two weeks prior to the event and require an Argonne cost code. A final agenda and all security arrangement details must be sent to <email@example.com> two weeks before the date of the public event.
- Attendees will be allowed into the building at the scheduled start time of the Argonne Security Protective Force Officer.
- Residents of Building 240 will be given 24 hours notice via e-mail of a public event.