B.S. Environmental Science, Hawaii Pacific University. Held a previous internship at Argonne during summer 2012 where I worked on creating GIS maps. Worked on Forest Project during summer 2013. Complete work summary with dates can be seen at https://collab.mcs.anl.gov/display/forest/Jim%27s+Work+Summary .
- Gathered hyperspectral imagery and corresponding chlorophyll measurements from locations at Argonne National Laboratory and McDonald Farm in Naperville. Raw data and photos found at http://hs.mcs.anl.gov/~hyperspec/
- Measured diurnal change of chlorophyll levels. Experiment report and raw data found at https://repo.anl-external.org/repos/forest/JAdamiec/
- Assisted in field data collection at both Argonne and Fermi labs. Gained insight on equipment use and recorded measurements to support atmospheric and climate research program as well as terrestrial ecology research.
- Assisted with site selection and design consideration. Field site photos are located at http://press3.mcs.anl.gov/forest/about/field-site/field-site-photos/
- Created a map of quadrat points at the field site using GoogleEarth. Provides GPS coordinates as well as a visual reference for community type, distance to water, etc. https://repo.anl-external.org/repos/forest/GoogleMaps/