United States Travel and Visa Information
Conference attendees from outside the United States are urged to begin their visa application early. The waiting time can be long and varies from country to country. The following sites ( link1 and link2 ) have information about obtaining a visa for those traveling to the United States. Both sites have links to websites for U.S. embassies and consulates worldwide. The embassy and consulate websites have very helpful information about procedures, timelines, communities served, required documentation, and fees.
International registrants should be particularly aware and careful about visa requirements, and should plan travel well in advance. All visa inquiries must be handled by ACM HQ. Please send your request for a letter in support of a visa application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Your name as it appears on your passport
- Current postal mailing address
- The name of the conference you wish to attend
- Your Registration Confirmation Number
- If you have any papers accepted for the conference, please provide the title and indicate whether you are the ‘sole author’ or a ‘co- author’
Please note visa support letters are issued via email by PDF and the original is mailed to your current postal address.
Please note that the Association for Computing Machinery does not issue formal invitation letters for visas to attend ACM sponsored conferences. For more information, see the ACM web site.