SIGMA Release 1.2.1
SIGMA v1.2.1 minor release includes a consolidated packaging of all geometry and mesh related components. Details on compatibility of the different tools and dependent libraries are available separately and all questions can be directed to <package>-firstname.lastname@example.org.
The current release contains the following SIGMA tools:
- Common Geometry Module (CGM) – Version 15.1
- Mesh Oriented datABase (MOAB) – Version 4.9.1
- MeshKit library (MeshKit) – Version 1.4.1
- PR #37: Implement Surface::closest_point_along_vector for OCC and test the method.
- PR #39: Added new utilities for performing imprint and merge operations.
- PR #38: Fix a bug in OCCSurface::closest_point_along_vector and add test that exercised it.
- PR #35, #36: CMake configuration fixes and updates for linking with dependencies including OCC.
- PR #200: MOAB now supports auto-download and configuration/installation of several dependencies (HDF5, NetCDF and Metis/ParMetis) out of the box; Use configuration options:
--download-hdf5 --download-netcdf --download-metisetc
- We plan to add support for more dependencies in future releases.
- PR #187: Removal
qvdualtool from MOAB
- PR #218: Remove
txtReader/Writer support (this was an empty shell class)
- A configuration suggestion script (suggest_configuration.sh) is now part of MOAB repository.
This script simplifies options to be used for new users and should work mostly!
- Better support for OSX, Linux and LCF systems
- PR #191: Improve augmenting ghost entities with set information (remove parallel and memory bottlenecks)
- PR #194: Generate Fortran prototypes during configuration directly (no auto-generation during build)
- PR #199: Enhanced support for dealing with polygons and polyhedra with added functionality for VTK and Exodus formats
- PR #202: AHF support for high-order elements
- PR #208: The debian support now includes Fortran and Metis dependencies
- Several key fixes found through cppcheck and Coverity (static analysis tools)
- Improvements in both autotools and CMake configuration systems
- PR #214, #217: Core::connect_iterate works with non congruently allocated cells of same type.
- Added timing to AssyGen for CGM boolean operations.
- Improved CoreGen parallel save time, (deleting GEOM_DIMENSION tag before parallel save). Also , saving only Material and Neumann sets in the final mesh.3. Added PARALLEL_PARTITION tag to the
- Added support for HEX27 element creation in CoreGen. User may specify HEX8 or HEX27 in the input file.
- CoreGen keyword ‘MESHTOGEOM’ supported for CUBIT mesh files. A new tool mbmeshtogeom in MOAB can be used to compute MESHTOGEOM ratio on an already existing mesh file.
- Bug in rectangular assembly orientation in AssyGen and CoreGen. The orientation is as it is described in the input file, instead of being mirrored.
- Linking issues on OSX.